Tuesday, August 26, 2008

my thoughts...



Judging from the photo, there seems to be a relatively huge turnout in Mitsubishi Summer Festival. A look across, there's definitely more people than what a 2,000 auditorium can hold - you know the capacity that often turns out for those small scale helloporo concert tours. And the fact that I know most of the crowd who watched this aren't h!p wotas makes me happy. The event helps them to be exposed to people who has never heard of them, and I'm very glad that the girls sang a repertoire of better songs from MM. The Peace, I Wish, DIN and Love Machine. That makes me wonder if up_front are admitting that MM's old songs are better than new ones.

Anyway, Yossi and Rika sounded great singing live, especially DIN. Very stable vocals. That kinda surprised me that they were actually singing live because I know that h!p girls always lip-synch for their concerts. I always believe that to be called a singer, one must be able to sing live and sound good at the same time, and obviously Yossi, Rika and Miki CAN sing live. Last time, MM always sing live for their concerts, and I really missed those times. but they stopped doing so when 6th and 7th and 8th gen joined. What an irony! Because the move shows their management don't even believe that girls they recruited are of singer calibre. It might be little things like that that has brought the downfall of MM; girls who can't sing and dance in a group that once represented Japan's pride.

Nippon no mirai wa~ Sekai ga urayamu~

No more of that now. Mention MM in Japan and most people will snigger and look at you as if you are a low-class, tasteless and disgusting wota. (WHEN WE ARE NOT!!) ^^

No comments: